AHCCCS DENTAL CARE
Find Great Children's Dental Care w/ AHCCCS
At Flagstaff Dentistry 4 Kids, we believe EVERY child has the right to quality dental care regardless of income. That is why we accept all Medicaid insurance plans in Arizona through ACCCHS, including Mercy Care, UnitedHealthcare, Molina, Health Choice, and more.
Finding a great kids dentist near you that takes Medicaid shouldn’t be difficult. Our conveniently located office on Beaver St. is easily accessible throughout Flagstaff and the surrounding areas, and we are currently accepting new patients up to the age of 16.
We only see kids, so our office is geared toward making the experience at the dentist the best possible, from games in the lobbies to movies in the treatment rooms. Our staff is dedicated to providing high-quality dental care for children in a fun and family-friendly environment. We also encourage parents to be present with their children during appointments, not only for your child’s comfort, but also to keep an open dialogue between you and our staff for immediate feedback and tailored recommendations.
Book an appointment today at Flagstaff Dentistry 4 Kids and see the difference kid-focused dental care can make!
Automatic Medicaid Re-Enrollment Ends April 1st
On April 1st, 2023, the federal Medicaid program began the discontinuance (i.e., unwinding) of the COVID-19 era automatic re-enrollment, meaning you may need to take action to keep your Arizona AHCCCS Medicaid coverage. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, Arizona has not disenrolled most AHCCCS members, regardless of eligibility. For some, this comes to an end beginning on April 1st.
Arizona has opted to roll this out over twelve months, and is trying to prepare Medicaid participants for any action required on their part, and for the potential of losing Medicaid coverage. AHCCCS will attempt to determine eligibility automatically, leading to upwards of 75% of members not needing to take any action. If eligibility cannot be determined automatically, members will receive a written request for more information to determine eligibility. Members who no longer qualify for Medicaid in Arizona through AHCCCS will be referred to the Healthcare Marketplace for coverage options.
Renewal is typically based on when you first enrolled, however that can change under certain circumstances so be sure to visit www.healthearizonaplus.gov to check your renewal status.
What You Need to do to Prepare
- Ensure your mailing address, phone number, and email address are up to date by logging into www.healthearizonaplus.gov or call Health-e-Arizona Plus at 855-HEA-PLUS (855-432-7587)
- Check your mailbox for a letter from AHCCCS about information regarding renewal of coverage
- Respond promptly to any requests from AHCCCS so eligibility can be determined
- Sign up for texts or emails from AHCCCS about your renewal by logging into Health-e-Arizona Plus
How to Enroll in AHCCCS
Here are the steps to apply for AHCCCS (Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System) insurance in Arizona:
- Determine if you are eligible for AHCCCS - You must meet certain income and other eligibility requirements to qualify for this program. You can check your eligibility by visiting the AHCCCS website or contacting the AHCCCS Customer Service Center at 1-855-HEA-PLUS (1-855-432-7587).
- Gather your documents - To apply for AHCCCS, you will need to provide certain information and documents, such as your Social Security number, income information, and proof of Arizona residency.
- Apply for AHCCCS online - You can apply for AHCCCS online by visiting the AHCCCS website and clicking on "Apply for AHCCCS Benefits." You will need to create an account, provide your personal information, and answer questions about your income and other eligibility requirements.
- Apply for AHCCCS in person - You can also apply for AHCCCS in person by visiting a local AHCCCS office. You can find the nearest office by visiting the AHCCCS website and clicking on "Find a Provider."
- Apply for AHCCCS by mail - If you prefer, you can also apply for AHCCCS by mail. You can download the application form from the AHCCCS website, fill it out, and mail it to the address provided on the form.
- Follow up on your application - After you have submitted your application, you can check the status of your application online or by contacting the AHCCCS Customer Service Center. You may be required to provide additional information or documents to complete your application.
- Enroll in a health plan - Once your application is approved, you will need to choose a health plan that is offered through AHCCCS. You can choose a plan online or by contacting the AHCCCS Customer Service Center.
- Use your AHCCCS benefits - Once you are enrolled in a health plan, you can start using your AHCCCS benefits to get the healthcare services you need. You will receive a member ID card that you can use to access healthcare services.
Arizona Insurance Plans Available Through AHCCCS:
- American Indian Health Program
- Arizona Complete Health - Complete Care Plan
- Banner-University Family Care
- Care1st Health
- Health Choice Arizona
- Mercy Care
- Molina Healthcare
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan
Find more information & to see the complete list of Arizona AHCCCS Medicaid insurance plans HERE